Bad public Username or password. SQL Server Error:
One of the most common error we are getting in the day to day practice when configuring a Primavera P6 alias to connect to a Microsoft SQL Server on a remote machine, the following errors are displayed.
- Error Message: Bad public user Name or password. SQL Server Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
- Error message: Bad public user name or password. SQL Server Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).] Invalid connection.;”
- Error Message: Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Login failed for user ‘Pubuser‘.
In this post, I will let you know some of the potential cause along with approaches to fix the issues. The Primavera client application is unable to successfully connect to the database. Please review all possible causes/solutions below.
Cause 1: MSSQL database windows service is not started for the MS SQL database.
1. Check the Status of the SQL Server Management Studio service by going to Start, Run and type in Services.msc and click OK.
2. Locate the SQL Server Service entry for your instance (for example MSSQLSERVER) and examine the Status column:
1. Right-click the service for your instance and select Restart.
2. Double-click on the Service to open its Properties and set the service to Automatic so it will restart after a shutdown of the machine:
Cause 2: SQL Server Database Log is full
Shrink the database by performing the following steps:
1. Open up Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express.
2. Right-click on the database for shrinking.
3. Click on Tasks.
4. Click on Shrink.
5. Click on Database.
6. This screen will give the available free space. Click ok, if you want to continue.
Latest posts by Ravi Katare (see all)
- Advanced Email Alert Notifications in Primavera P6 EPPM - March 24, 2020
- Unifier Cloud Migration Challenges: Database Content Repository - January 9, 2020
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28000: The Account is Locked - September 26, 2019
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28001: the password has expired - September 22, 2019