Recently, while designing Project Delivery BPs for one of my the clients, I came across a new requirement of developing the unique reference number for the BP record based on the project name or ID for which the record is getting created. Example: Client has three projects, Delhi Metro (DM), Delhi Airport (DA) & Delhi Smart City (DSC). Now the customer wants whenever it create BP record, the reference number of record should automatically create based on the logic: BT-DMRC-Project_ID-001
where Project ID is dynamic and its values should be picked automatically based on project ID
So, when the BP record created for the Delhi Metro project the reference number should be BT-DMRC-DM-001. When the BP record created for Delhi Airport project the reference number should be BT-DMRC-DA-001, likewise for any project.
In order to meet this requirement, we used Auto-sequence functionality. In this post, I am going to explain how to configure Auto-sequence functionality in Unifier
Prior to starting configuring Auto Sequence, keep in mind that it works only on SYS Auto Sequence data definition.
So, the first step is to create the Data element having SYS Auto Sequence data definition.
1. Go to the Company Workspace tab and switch to Admin mode.
2. Navigate to Data Structure Setup, select Data Element and click on New button
3. New Data Element window will open, enter the following
– DE Name – as applicable
– Data Definition Source – it must be SYS Auto Sequence
– Form Lable – as applicable
– Description – as applicable
4. Also, create another data elements for showing value of BT and DMRC
5. Once DE created, put the same on the form
6. Put BT & DMRC as they will be used for formula
7. Ensure the Data Definition is SYS Auto Sequence
Now you are ready to configure Auto Sequencing
1. Select the business process you want to work with and click Open > Data Elements. The Data Elements Configuration window opens
2. Click the AutoSequence tab and click Add. The Select Data Element for Auto Sequence window opens.
3. In the Data Element drop-down menu, select a data element to configure for auto-sequencing.
All upper and lower form data elements of the type String and that were created using the SYS Auto Sequence data definition are listed.
5. Now Defined the required logic into Format by clicking Create button to specify the format for the auto-sequencing. The Formula Creation window opens.
This window shows a list of String type data elements available from the form, and an additional system-defined data element, SYS Sequence Counter
6. First Choose a Delimiter, and then choose a data element from the list and click Add Parameter. The SYS Sequence Counter can appear first or last in the formula based on the logic requirement.
7. Once you defined the formula, click Ok and change the status to complete.
8. Then Deploy the for further configuration and setup steps
Now create a new record Project Delhi Smart City (DSC)
On the next step, open the form, accept it.
You will get Reference Number is auto-created based on the logic you defined in Udesigner
So, Guys, this is how you can you use Auto-Sequence functionality in Unifier.
Latest posts by Ravi Katare (see all)
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28000: The Account is Locked - September 26, 2019
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28001: the password has expired - September 22, 2019
- Are you using Primavera in Right Way? - August 12, 2019
- How to Create a Company in Unifier - February 24, 2019