During Unifier implementation, several times client would like to see its own company logo on the printouts come out from unifier transaction, like Daily Reports, PO released to vendors or any other documents. As the company Brand and logo is highly matters for any organizations. But likewise, the functionality provides in Primavera P6, Unifier does not allow you to directly insert company logo in the header or footer of the BP Records or Report.
The Alternate way to meet customer specific requirement is to design customize prints layout that can contain the logo or any specific customer requirement.
Below are the simple steps to create the custom print in Unifier application.
A. Create a customized XML template in Word.
1. Open the Business Process Configuration log, select and open the desired business process.
2. Select the Custom Print tab.
3. Click on the Export Schema drop-down and select Schema for Word.
4. Click Save. (Here you can also select Schema for PDF if you have on Adobe LiveCycle and you want to design the layout in PDF format. My personal preference is MS Word) You will get the .XSD file at your download folder
Open a new Microsoft Word document.
Import the XSD file into Word by selecting Tools > Templates and Add-ins.
5. Select “XML Schemas” under Manage and click Go
6. Click the XML Schema tab and click Add Schema.
7. In the Schema Settings window, type a unique name for the schema in the URI and Alias field.
The name you enter for the alias appears in the list of available schemas in the Templates and Add-ins window, it would be just any string. Please keep in mind, Do not select the Schema validate options checkbox.
8. Enter the URI & Alias,
9. Navigate to the bp_schema .xsd file and click Open.
10. Click OK. An MS Word document opens with a list of available Unifier BP tags under “XML Structure” on the right side
of the window.
11. To add XML tags to the Word document, click the on any tag that is available as part of the XML structure.
To print any line item information, first, select the text for all the line item elements and select the appropriate XML tags. Then select all the elements that are part of the line items and click the _bp_lineitems tag.
By doing this you are enclosing all line item elements within a the bp_lineitems XML tag. At runtime, Unifier will know that the elements that are part of _bp_lineitems should be printed for each line item of the BP. Elements that are part of the upper form are prefixed with “form_”, and detail form elements are prefixed with “lineitem_”.
12. Turn off the XML tags before saving.
13. Click File > Save As. Name the document, and select XML format in save option. The document must be saved in XML format. Now you are ready to upload the completed document through the Business Process Configuration window.
14. In the Business Process Configuration window, on the Custom Print tab, click Upload. The File Upload window opens.
15. Browse and select the Word file you created. You can enter the document title, rev. no., and issue date.
16. Click OK to save and close the window.
Now you can take the printout using a custom layout
Custom print can be used with templates created in BI Publisher, Microsoft Word, and PDF format. Depending upon the template used for custom print, you can print the upper form, the current workflow step, comments and attachments for the record. The template may also allow printing of specific line items in their tabs. The printed output will list the name of the tab with the line items following on separate lines
B. To print a BP form with a custom print layout:
1. Open the business process record or Report that you want to print.
2. From the File menu, choose Print Preview, then choose Custom to select the BI Publisher, Microsoft Word, or PDF custom print templates from the same place as the current custom prints (Custom Format Print selection window).
If you are editing the business process, you are asked to save the changes to the form.
3. Select a template and format.
4. Select Workflow progress options.
Workflow progress prints a log of the steps in a workflow, showing the step name, the assignee(s) on the step, the action that was taken on the step and the completion date. You have additional print options:
5. Click OK. The File Download window opens.
6. Choose to Open or Save the file.
7. Print the file.
Note: Please keep in mind, for custom print to work properly as expected, do not add XML tags to the header and footer.
In this way, you can create, design and configure the custom prints to meet your clients’ requirements.
You can comment below to know more about custom print & its utilization in the Industries.
Latest posts by Ravi Katare (see all)
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28000: The Account is Locked - September 26, 2019
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28001: the password has expired - September 22, 2019
- Are you using Primavera in Right Way? - August 12, 2019
- How to Create a Company in Unifier - February 24, 2019