In this post, we will walk through the steps required to create Roles in Oracle BI Publisher.
1. Log into BI Publisher (http://server IP: port/xmlpserver) as Administrator
2. On the Home page, select the Administration link (Right Top)
2. On Administration page, In the Security Center section, select the Roles and Permissions link
3. Select Create Role.
4. Give it a name “P6Reports” and Description and then click Apply
4. Click Add Data Sources and add the P6SSRPT (for SQL) data source created at step 3.a to Allowed Data Sources and click Apply
5. Click Add Roles, highlight the Roles “BI Publisher Administrator” from the Available Roles and click Move to move into Includes Roles.
6. Click Apply
Even you can create a hierarchy of roles by assigning roles to other roles. And the privileges and permissions of multiple roles can roll up to higher level roles. For example, department heads roles can be assigned to General Manager Role.
So, Guys, This is how you can Add Roles and assign permissions.
Latest posts by Ravi Katare (see all)
- How to Create a Company in Unifier - February 24, 2019
- Primavera Login Issue: POPULATE_DELAYED_LOADING failed -1: Erro - February 7, 2019
- How to Create Analysis in P6 Analytics - February 3, 2019
- How P6 User Access to P6 Analytics - January 28, 2019