This user is already logged in. Please use another login name
Sometimes, you try to login into Primavera desktop application and it throws the error “This user is already logged in. Please use another login name”
Cause: This could be caused by numerous reasons. Some reason which I have faced are below
1. If the user logged in Primavera desktop client via Thin Client and if window session remains inactive for a more than pre-defined time interval and then user try to re-login into Primavera application, the user gets an error “User is already logged in. Please use another login name”
There are multiple approaches to fixing this problem depends on your environment and available privileges
In case if you have admin access to Primavera database, you can simply resolve the issue by executive few simple queries
1.Login into SQL Server Management Studio with “sa” credential.
2. After connecting to the appropriate instance of the Microsoft SQL Server Database Engine, in Object Explorer, click the server name to expand the server tree.
3. Expand Databases, select the Primavera database.
4. Click on new Query
5. Executive, the below query to get the user details who is facing the login issue.
Select * from Usession
6. Note down the User_ID from above query for the logged user, here in my example, the user_id is 216
7. Executive the below query to kill the logged user session
SET delete_session_id=0, delete_date=GETDATE()
WHERE user_id = 216
Where ‘216’ will be replaced with actual User_ID result of Query No. 1
After successful execution of above query, the user can login into the application.