Are you a Unifier customer and planning to migrate on Cloud? Then you must go through it.
Now days, organizations are moving on Cloud from own-premise which is not a bad idea.
But if you are using Unifier with the Network file system as document content repository then it would be additional challenge for you to migrate on cloud.
Currently, the cloud provider requests to you provide the whole data (Unifier + Documents) as database file only, which they can deploy on cloud in order to move on cloud.
As Unifier data is getting store into the database (Oracle/MS SQL) directly, but the documents get store in folders structure on Server insist of getting store into the database (Oracle/MS SQL) directly. That means, you cannot provide the existing documents folder as database file to Cloud provider & required an additional steps to move on the cloud with existing project documents.
Potential way forward to move on cloud with existing project documents:
1. Oracle Consulting: At present, Oracle is providing the consulting to convert all the existing Unifier documents into database file.
– Advantage: Oracle does have the expertise to do it
– Disadvantage: The consulting charges of Oracle is too high.
2. Develop Customized Tool: In order to keep the cloud migration within approved budget, you can go for in-house development of a tool or a utility for converting the Unifier existing project documents into database file.
– Advantage: The development cost is economical compare the Oracle charger
– Disadvantage: Development is time taking process and required regressive testing as well.
3. Our Solution: In order to overcome above both constrains (Time & Cost), it is better idea to go with existing solution. Just keep in mind that, the solution must be tested in real time cloud migration and proven.
– Advantage: Economical & Ready available
– Disadvantage: Not easily available in the market
Have successfully implemented this solution for one big customer.
If you are facing the same challenge in cloud migration, please feel free to share your queries.
Latest posts by Ravi Katare (see all)
- Advanced Email Alert Notifications in Primavera P6 EPPM - March 24, 2020
- Unifier Cloud Migration Challenges: Database Content Repository - January 9, 2020
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28000: The Account is Locked - September 26, 2019
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28001: the password has expired - September 22, 2019