In case if you get the following error when attempting to start Primavera Unifier
“ORA-28000: the account is locked”
In case if you have entered incorrect database user’s password multiple times then due to security reason, Oracle database will lock the username for further login.
Below are the steps to resolve the issues
1. Check Unifier Username: Open the Unifier Configurator to cross-check the Unifier database username (In my case, location of Configurator is C:\Ravi\Software\Unifier18.8\Unifier\configurator)
– Click on Database Tab & noted down the User name
2. Unlock Unifier Database User: Once you got the Unifier database username from the above step, now you have to unlock the Unifier database user.
– Goto to Run command
– Type cmd command & press enter
– Type “sqlplus” & press enter
– Enter the Unifier database username (as we got in above step 1)
– Upon entering the password, you will get the below Error
– Run the following query to unlock the user.
ALTER USER <USERNAME> IDENTIFIED BY <PASSWORD> ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
In my case, the query is “ALTER USER SYSTEM IDENTIFIED BY Admin123 ACCOUNT UNLOCK;”
– Close the cmd window
– Now open the configurator again & click on Save button to ensure that the Unifier.ear file gets updated
– Click on Test Database Connection to ensure the connection between Database & Unifier Application
– Restart the Unifier Admin Server.
– Wait till Unifier Admin Server state gets changed to Running mode.
After performing the above steps, you could able to login into Unifier again.
Latest posts by Ravi Katare (see all)
- Advanced Email Alert Notifications in Primavera P6 EPPM - March 24, 2020
- Unifier Cloud Migration Challenges: Database Content Repository - January 9, 2020
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28000: The Account is Locked - September 26, 2019
- Unifier is not Working. ORA-28001: the password has expired - September 22, 2019